Tuesday 24 July 2012

Simple Necklace Display Idea



I am such a lover of brightly coloured beads. I think I was a Bowerbird in my past life! My friends and family all know of my love so I am lucky to receive them for birthdays and Christmas and I also pick some up on my travels. I am not one for an expensive purchase so most of them are simply cheap and cheerful, but don't you love the colours!

I have been trying to think of a way to display them for ages that gets them out of my draw and makes them more visible so I don't forget about what I have!

Well here is what I came up with. A couple of cheap towel rails from the local hardware store a a few packs of shower curtain C hooks and voila! I hung these up on the back of our walk in wardrobe door and I am thrilled by the result! Don't you think I could open a shop!

Hanging them up was like opening the presents on Christmas morning! I had forgotten about some of them and it was like finding a long lost friends again! I also found myself looking at them and remembering happy occasions, parties and events where I had worn them!


Gosh it was a fun de-cluttering job!

No comments:

Post a Comment